Related to this I attended a workshop on creativity and deep ecology, which drew on Joanna Macy’s work (see Joannamacy.net). This involved making connections with fellow ‘work-shoppers’ in a way you might not normally do, writing, telling stories and drawing. I’ve not come across this approach before, but am keen to find out more (hopefully with TTT) – Joanna’s website sets out a goal: ‘to help people uncover and experience their innate connections with each other and with the systemic, self-healing powers in the web of life, so that they may be enlivened and motivated to play their part in creating a sustainable civilization’
Kirsty Schneeberger also inspired the conference with her talk on climate change and intergenerational equity. An amazingly self-assured and natural speaker, she spoke about how she came to attend the UN climate negotiations in Bonn as part of a youth delegation, where she presented her ‘how old will you be in 2050?’ campaign. I’d really recommend looking out for her at other events
Finally, I’d love to get a (small) tented structure like one of these up at the community garden – let’s see what might be possible!
Charlotte
No comments:
Post a Comment