Want to find out more about Tour de Tooting?
Come along to our second Hubs and Spokes café on Thu. 19 May, from 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Rechere’s Wellbeing Centre, 163-165 Tooting High Street in anticipation of the Tour de Tooting, Sun. 03 July.
What will be doing in this Hubs and Spokes Cafe?
Pedal by pedal, we will look at compatibility between the Tour's four components:
- Creating and making: Decorate your wheels, bring your machines if you like!
- Roads and Rides: Catching up on our route and sites – we need people to marshall / steward / site manage. Would you like to ?
- Connecting and Communication: Telling people in Tooting what's happening
- Resourcing: Join our team! Time, sweet time – do you have any you might like to give? Whether it be for something specific or getting involved in the co-ordination. We need Principal Pedalistas! Social Media advocates, Volunteer Stewards, Leaflet distributors and poster putter-upperers, Site Managers for on the day and help with Volunteer Co-ordination! Roll up! Roll up!
In the meantime, have fun trying to Draw A Bike From Memory!
What happened at the last Hubs and Spokes Cafe?
Those who came along to the first Hubs and Spokes café enjoyed Cake! Tea! and a short movie on the bici-machinista-cycle-powered marvels of Guatemala and the collective energy of creating this emerging event!
Lots has happened since:
- We’ve been developing Route, Traffic and Event Management plans
- Leaflet and Poster design are underway
- A logo, thanks to everyone, with help from Sue Rentoul!
- We’ve engaged with Wandsworth Cycle Campaign and Wheels for Wellbeing, a fantastic charity that removes barriers to cycling
- Organising workshops with children at Franciscan School, our Départ point
- Continuing plans for a wheel-themed film night in Tooting Market
- Co-ordinating a bike-themed Tooting Restart Party on June 21st Tuesday
We look forward to seeing you. Come join in the fun! #tourdetooting