Many thanks to everyone involved, especially the children!
Some numbers about the project to date, since March 2013:
- Around 180 children have taken part, rain or shine
- There have been over 20 day sessions, each made up of 2 separate hours for different age groups
- For each hour, 2 or 3 School staff come along in support - that's around 100 'staff hours'
- Over 20 TTT volunteers have helped to host the sessions, contributing over 150 'volunteer hours'
- Plus the time, energy and enthusiasm in planning, preparation and follow-up from all...
- Children experience and learn about some new things, in new ways, in a safe and supported setting
- Children do these new things together alongside their classmates, with School staff, and volunteers
- Individual children may show new or different skills and behaviours: concentration, problem-solving, creativity
- The adults explore the practice of outdoor learning